Information on data processing in keeping with Articles 13 and 14 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
1. Who is responsible for data processing and to whom can you turn?
Address: Raiffeisenstraße 1, 2100 Korneuburg
Telephone: +43 (0) 2262/755 50-0
2. What data will be processed and what are the sources of these data?
Person-related data include:
Your master/contact data such as:
- As a private customer: First and last name, address, contact data (email address, telephone number, fax), date of birth, data from submitted proof of identity (copy of identity document), bank data
- As a corporate customer: company, corporate register number, VAT ID number, company number, address, contact persons and contact information (email address, telephone number, fax), bank data
We also process the following miscellaneous person-related data:
- Information about the nature and content of our business relationship such as contract data, order data, sales and receipt data, customer and supplier history, consultation materials,
- Information on your financial status (e.g., data on credit worthiness),
- Advertising and sales data,
- Documentation data (e.g., consultation records), image data,
- Information from your electronic communications with us (e.g., IP address, login data),
- Miscellaneous data that we have received from you in the context of our business relationship (e.g., in conversations with customers),
- Data that we generate from master/contact data and from miscellaneous data, for example by means of customer needs and customer potential analyses.
3. For what purposes and within what legal framework are the data processed?
- for fulfilling (preliminary) contractual duties (Art. 6(1) lit. bGDPR):
- for fulfilling legal obligations (Art. 6(1) lit. c GDPR):
- for safeguarding legitimate interests (Art. 6(1) lit. fGDPR):
- Consultation and data exchange with credit agencies and creditor protection associations for obtaining credit worthiness data;
- Advertising or marketing
- Measures for business management and further development of services and products;
- Measures (e.g., access controls, video monitoring) for protecting our company from behavior that is illegal or non-compliant with the contract;
- In the scopeof legal proceedings.
- in the scope of your consent (Art 6(1) lit. aDPR):
4. Who receives your data?
4.2. For the purposes of company-related and customized advertising/customer care in the areas of Home & Garden, Technology, Farming, Energy, and Construction Materials, your data will be provided, with your consent, to our affiliated companies and to warehouses in permanent business relationships with RWA AG.
4.3. When quotations/sales are made via producer portals, data disclosed by you will be processed directly in the portal of the producer.
4.4. For creditor protection purposes, we will forward master data and information on your financial status to credit insurance companies (currently Acredia Versicherung AG), credit protection associations (currently KSV 1870 Information GmbH), and credit agencies (currently CRIF Gm.
4.5. Authorities, courts, and external auditors may be recipients of your data if a legal obligation exists and in the scope of legal proceedings.
4.6. Insurance companies, banks, credit agencies, and service providers may also be recipients of your data for the purposes of contract initiation and performance.
4.7. For a better understanding of the recipient categories mentioned under Item 4, you will find an assortment of individual businesses at: https://www.rwa.at/unternehmensliste-gemaess-datenschutzerklaerung+2500+1006355.
5. How long will your data be stored?
6. What are your data protection rights?
6.1. Right to demand information:
You may demand information from us as to whether and if so, to what extent, we are processing your data.
6.2. Right to demand correction:
If we are processing data from you that are incomplete or incorrect, you may demand, at any time, the correction or completion of these data by us.
6.3. Right to demand deletion:
If we are processing your data in a wrongful manner or if the processing disproportionately impacts your legitimate protection interests, you may demand that we delete your data. Please note that there may be reasons that preclude an immediate deletion, for example in the case of legally regulated duties of retention.
6.4. Right to demand limitation of processing:
You may demand the limitation of the processing of your data from us if
- You are disputing the correctness of the data, and you may demand such a limitation for a period that permits us to verify the correctness of the data.
- The processing of the data is wrongful, but you refuse a deletion and instead demand a limitation of the data use,
- We no longer need the data for the intended purpose, but you still need these data for the assertion or defense of legal claims, or
- You have lodged an objection to the processing of the data.
6.5. Right to data portability:
You may demand that we make your data with which you have provided us available in a structured, conventional, and machine-readable format, and that you be allowed to send these data to another responsible party without any hindrance on our part, provided that
- we are processing these data with your revocable consent or for performing a contract between us, and
- this processing is being done using automated processes.
When technologically feasible, you may demand that we forward your data directly to another responsible party.
6.6. Right of objection:
If we are processing your data out of legitimate interests, you may lodge, at any time, an objection to this data processing on grounds arising from your unique situation; this also applies to a profiling based on these provisions. We will then cease processing your data, unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate reasons for the processing that outweigh your interests, rights, and freedoms, or if the processing is necessary for the assertion, exercise, or defense of legal claims. You may object to the processing of your data for direct advertising purposes at any time, without having to give reasons.
6.7. Right of complaint:
If you believe that we have violated Austrian or EU data protection law while processing your data, we request that you contact us in order that we may resolve any issues. Obviously, you also have the right to lodge a complaint before the Austrian data protection authority or before a regulatory authority within the EU.
7. With whom can you assert these rights?
8. Are you obligated to provide data?
9. Will person-related data be forwarded to a non-EU member state?
10. Application data
11. Cookies and Tracking Tools
If you do not want this, you can set your browser to notify you when cookies are sent and accept them or reject them on a case-by-case basis.
If cookies are deactivated, the functionality of our website may be limited.
11.2. Tracking tools and use of GoogleAnalytics
General information on the use behavior of visitors is collected on our website with the aid of analysis tools. Examples of such information include pages accessed, stay time, referring pages, and general information about your computer system such as the operating system, screen resolution, browser used, etc. All collected data are saved in anonymized form and cannot be linked to you. If you do not agree to this anonymized collection of your use behavior, you can prevent it by deactivating cookies in your browser.
The information on your use of this website generated by the cookies (including your IP address) is transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. Google will use this information to analyze your use of the website, to compile reports on website activities, and to render other services linked to website use and internet use. Google may also forward this information to third parties if required by law or if third parties are processing this data on behalf of Google. You can prevent the installation of the cookies by adjusting your browser settings accordingly. However, we would point out that by doing so, you may not be able to use all of the functions of this website to the full extent. By using this website, you agree to the processing of the data on you collected by Google in the manner described above and for the purpose mentioned above.
We hereby inform you that this website site uses Google Analytics exclusively with a deactivation add-on "_anonymizelp()". Your full IP address will not be saved. A visitor to this website cannot be identified.
You can exercise the opt-out option by installing the browser add-on for deactivating Google Analytics (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en). By doing so you are telling Google Analytics that no information on the website visit shall be sent to Google Analytics. Without your express consent, we will not use tracking tools to
- collect personal data on you,
- forward such data to third party service providers and marketing platforms,or
- link the data to your personal data (name, address, etc.).
The browser add-on for deactivating Google Analytics is compatible with Chrome, Internet Explorer 8-11, Safari, Firefox, and Opera.
12. Use of social sharing
Such links may look like this:
If you click on a social sharing link while you are logged into your individual social media account, you can share the contents of our pages on your profile. The social media service is thus able to assign the visit to our pages to your user account. Note that as the provider of the pages, we do not receive any information regarding the content of the forwarded data or the use thereof by Facebook.
14. Contacting us via the website
Because of legal regulations, our website contains information for contacting our company quickly by electronic means and for communicating with us directly. This information also includes a general email address. If a person concerned contacts the party responsible for the processing, either by email or by using a contact form, the person-related data provided by that person will be automatically saved. Such person-related data voluntarily provided by a person concerned to the party responsible for the processing shall be saved for the purposes of processing or contacting the person concerned. These person-related data shall not be forwarded to other parties.
15. Embedment of YouTube Videos
For embedding videos, we use the so-called "advanced data protection mode" of the provider YouTube. When you play the video, a cookie will be saved on your computer. However, according to YouTube no person-related cookie information will be saved for the playback of embedded videos with advanced data protection. You can obtain more information on the official data protection policy of YouTube here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/.
If you would like to ensure that no data from you will be saved on YouTube, then do not click on the embedded videos.
16. Use of Google reCAPTCHA
17. Use of Google Maps
You can find more information on the Google data protection policy at: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/.